Positive Quotes to Live By
Positive quotes are a great way to begin the day. Take a moment to think about them -- what do they mean? How can you apply it?
- When you have a dream, you've got to grab it and never let go. Carol Burnett, an American actress, comedian, singer, and writer. She is best known for her groundbreaking comedy variety show The Carol Burnett Show
Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose. Lyndon Baines Johnson, often referred to by his initials LBJ, was an American politician who served as the 36th president of the United States from 1963 to 1969
- Nothing is impossible. The word itself says 'I'm possible! Audrey Hepburn, a British actress and humanitarian. Recognized as both a film and fashion icon, she was ranked by the American Film Institute as the third-greatest female screen legend from the Classical Hollywood cinema
Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain. Joseph Campbell, an American writer. He was a professor of literature at Sarah Lawrence College who worked in comparative mythology and comparative religion. His work covers many aspects of the human experience.
- Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you. Walt Whitman, an American poet, essayist and journalist. A humanist, he was a part of the transition between transcendentalism and realism, incorporating both views in his works. Whitman is among the most influential poets in the American canon, often called the father of free verse.
- For me, becoming isn’t about arriving somewhere or achieving a certain aim. I see it instead as forward motion, a means of evolving, a way to reach continuously toward a better self. The journey doesn't end. Michelle Obama, an American attorney and author who served as first lady of the United States from 2009 to 2017. She was the first African-American woman to serve in this position.
- You do not find the happy life. You make it. Thomas S. Monson, an American religious leader, author, and the 16th President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world. Robin Williams as John Keating in Dead Poets Society. One of the great positive quotes.
No matter what you're going through, there's a light at the end of the tunnel and it may seem hard to get to it but you can do it and just keep working towards it and you'll find the positive side of things. Demi Lovato, an American singer, songwriter, and actor. After appearing on the children's television series Barney & Friends, Lovato rose to prominence.
- Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is! Anne Frank, a Jewish girl who kept a diary in which she documented life in hiding under Nazi persecution. She is a celebrated diarist who described everyday life from her family hiding place in an Amsterdam attic
- Wake up determined, go to bed satisfied. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, also known by his ring name The Rock, is an American-Canadian actor, producer, businessman, former football player, and former professional wrestler.
- If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one! Dolly Parton, an American singer-songwriter, actress, philanthropist, and businesswoman, known primarily for her work in country music. Dolly is one of our most favorite positive quotes icons.
More Positive Quotes
We have a few more positive quotes for you here.
I think anything is possible if you have the mindset and the will and desire to do it and put the time in. Roger Clemens, nicknamed "Rocket", is an American former professional baseball pitcher who played 24 seasons in Major League Baseball, primarily with the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees
- Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud. Maya Angelou, an American memoirist, popular poet, and civil rights activist. She published seven autobiographies, three books of essays, several books of poetry, and is credited with a list of plays, movies, and television shows spanning over 50 years.
When someone does something good, applaud! You will make two people happy. Samuel Goldwyn, also known as Samuel Goldfish, was a Polish-born American film producer. He was best known for being the founding contributor and executive of several motion picture studios in Hollywood.
- Folks are usually about as happy as they make up their minds to be. Abraham Lincoln (though there is some debate if Lincoln actual said this positive quotes). Lincoln, an American lawyer and statesman who served as the 16th president of the United States from 1861 until his assassination in 1865. A great leader.
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. Mahatma Ghandi, an Indian lawyer, anti-colonial nationalist and political ethicist who employed nonviolent resistance to lead the successful campaign for India's independence from British rule, and to later inspire movements for civil rights and freedom across the world
- Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears John Lennon, an English singer, songwriter, musician and peace activist who achieved worldwide fame as founder, co-songwriter, co-lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist of the Beatles
- Each day provides its own gifts. Marcus Aurelius, Roman emperor from 161 to 180 and a Stoic philosopher.
- Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. Hellen Keller, an American author, disability rights advocate, political activist and lecturer. Born in West Tuscumbia, Alabama, she lost her sight and her hearing after a bout of illness at the age of 19 months
- You do not find the happy life. You make it. Thomas S. Monson, an American religious leader, author, and the 16th President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He has quite a few positive quotes and inspirational quotes.
What are your favorite positive quotes?