Emotional Intelligence Quotes
Daniel Goleman developed the emotional intelligence theory years ago. Since then, it has been identified that great leaders have both high IQ as well as EQ (emotional intelligence). These emotional intelligence quotes can be read in conjunction with the articles: The Importance of Emotional Intelligence and 7 Ways to Improve Emotional Intelligence articles also on BornLeadership.com
- If your emotional abilities aren't in hand, if you don't have self-awareness, if you are not able to manage your distressing emotions, if you can't have empathy and have effective relationships, then no matter how smart you are, you are not going to get very far. - Daniel Goleman, author, psychologist, and science journalist. For twelve years, he wrote for The New York Times, reporting on the brain and behavioral sciences. His 1995 book Emotional Intelligence was on The New York Times Best Seller list for a year and a half. developer of the emotional intelligence theory.
- When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but with creatures of emotion. -Dale Carnegie, an American writer and lecturer, and the developer of courses in self-improvement, salesmanship, corporate training, public speaking, and interpersonal skills
- In a high-IQ job pool, soft skills like discipline, drive, and empathy mark those who emerge as outstanding. Daniel Goleman, author, psychologist, and science journalist. Developer of the emotional intelligence theory.
- There is perhaps no psychological skill more fundamental than resisting impulse. Daniel Goleman, author, psychologist, and science journalist. Developer of the emotional intelligence theory.
- Let's not forget that the little emotions are the great captains of our lives and we obey them without realizing it. Vincent van Gogh, was a Dutch Post-Impressionist painter who posthumously became one of the most famous and influential figures in Western art history
- To increase your effectiveness, make your emotions subordinate to your commitments. Brian Koslow, the founder and president/CEO of Breakthrough Coaching, Inc., a company that provides business training to professionals who aspire to become top earners in their fields.
- When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen Ernest Hemingway, an American novelist, short-story writer, and journalist. His economical and understated style—which he termed the iceberg theory—had a strong influence on 20th-century fiction, while his adventurous lifestyle and public image brought him admiration from later generations.
- One way to boost our willpower and focus is to manage our distractions instead of letting them manage us. -Daniel Goleman, author, psychologist, and science journalist. Developer of the emotional intelligence theory.
- Emotional intelligence is a way of recognizing, understanding, and choosing how we think, feel, and act. It shapes our interactions with others and our understanding of ourselves. It defines how and what we learn; it allows us to set priorities; it determines the majority of our daily actions. Research suggests it is responsible for as much as 80 percent of the "success" in our lives. Joshua Freedman, a specialist on emotional intelligence, an author, and the Chief Executive Officer of Six Seconds, a non-profit dedicated to emotional intelligence.
There is no separation of mind and emotions; emotions, thinking, and learning is all linked. Eric Jensen, a former teacher and educational leader who grew up in San Diego, California. Jensen’s M.A. is in Organizational Development and his Ph.D. is in Human Development.
Emotional intelligence is your ability to recognize and understand emotions in yourself and others, and your ability to use this awareness to manage your behavior and relationships. Travis Bradberry, the author of the best-selling book Emotional Intelligence 2.0 and the cofounder of TalentSmart, an emotional intelligence consultancy
More Emotional Intelligence Quotes
Emotional intelligence quotes can be used as a catalyst to help you increase your EQ skills.
My message for everyone is the same: that if we can learn to identify, express, and harness our feelings, even the most challenging ones, we can use those emotions to help us create positive, satisfying lives. Marc Brackett, a research psychologist and the Founding Director of the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence and Professor in the Child Study Center at Yale University
Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate. Carl G Jung, a Swiss psychiatrist and psychoanalyst who founded analytical psychology. Jung's work has been influential in the fields of psychiatry, anthropology, archaeology, literature, philosophy, psychology .
Any person capable of angering you becomes your master. Epictetus, a Greek Stoic philosopher. This is one of our favorite emotional intelligence quotes.
- You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind. Dale Carnegie
Whatever is begun in anger, ends in shame. Benjamin Franklin.
If you cannot feel your emotions, if you are cut off from them, you will eventually experience them on a purely physical level, as a physical problem or symptom. Eckhart Tolle.
CEOs are hired for their intellect and business expertise - and fired for a lack of emotional intelligence. Daniel Goleman.
Emotional intelligence is the ability to sense, understand, and effectively apply the power and acumen of emotions as a source of human energy, information, connection, and influence. Robert K. Cooper.
No doubt emotional intelligence is rarer than book smarts, but my experience says it is actually more important in the making of a leader. You just can’t ignore it. Jack Welch.
There is perhaps no psychological skill more fundamental than resisting impulse. Daniel Goleman, author, psychologist, and science journalist. Developer of the emotional intelligence theory.
It isn't stress that makes us fall--it's how we respond to stressful events. - Wayde Goodall, Dean of the College of Ministry at Northwest University, Kirkland, Washington, Dr. Goodall has written and co-authored 14 books. This is one of our favorite emotional intelligence quotes.
Emotions and reason are intertwined, and both are critical to problem-solving. Antonio Damasio.
Your day will go the way your emotional intelligence guides both your thoughts and actions. T.Y Howard.
- There is an old-fashioned word for the body of skills that emotional intelligence represents: character. Daniel Goleman, author, psychologist, and science journalist. Developer of the emotional intelligence theory.
- I want to focus here on what I consider to be the most central, most significant mode of learning involved in the process of developing emotional intelligence: gaining insight through expanding awareness. Wayne Payne
- ...our level of emotional intelligence is not fixed genetically, nor does it develop only in early childhood. Unlike IQ, which changes little after our teen years, emotional intelligence seems to be largely learned, and it continues to develop as we go through life and learn from our experiences. Daniel Goleman, , author, psychologist, and science journalist. Developer of the emotional intelligence theory.
What are your favorite emotional intelligence quotes?